Yellow stains on your white vans can ruin the whole look of the shoe. Because of this we wrote up a quick how-to on how to remove yellow stains from white vans and how to wash white vans.
One of the most efficient ways of cleaning your vans is by washing them by hand. This can be done by making a cleaning solution at home with everyday household items. To clean the shoes, you need to:
- Take a large bowl from the kitchen and pour around two cups of warm water into it. To this you can add one of the following ingredients: detergent, window cleaner, dish soap, or shampoo.
- Next start scrubbing the shoes with a clean cloth (dip it in the solution first).
- Clean the rubber part of the shoes with a toothbrush as it will clean it up right and proper.
- Clean the detergent off the shoes by using a cloth once you are done with the process.
- Place your shoes in a good sunny place where they can dry up.
With the help of a washing machine
It’s not as easy as throwing your shoes into the machine and start the cycle.
You will have to:
- Remove the insoles and the laces of the shoes before you begin the washing process.
- Use a bag or a pillow case to put your shoes in. This way you will be saving your washing machine from getting beaten up.
- Set your machine at the right setting before you turn it on; that is, a gentle cycle and warm water.
- Keep your shoes in a warm sunny place to dry.
If the above two options do not work for you we have 5 other options.
You will need one of the following:
- Stain Remover
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Baking soda with or without hydrogen peroxide
- Lemon juice
Use a stain remover
Stain removers were developed for the purpose of cleaning stains off various surfaces. If you feel that the marks are light, then you can use a relatively weaker stain remover. If that does not work or the stains are nasty ones, then you can use a stronger one. You will find the directions to use at the packaging of the product. Simply follow those directions and your shoes will be good as new in no time.
Rubbing alcohol can be a good cleaning agent. Pour some in a small bowl, take a piece of cotton and start rubbing the affected area. Once you are done with that, take a clean cotton ball and wipe the stain away.
Use hydrogen peroxide & baking soda
Baking soda is a common ingredient that you can use for cleaning your vans. If you are only using baking soda, then you need to mix it with some warm water, and mix it till it forms a paste. Then apply the paste to the affected area, allow it to dry up, and clean it with water until it is completely rinsed off.
However, if you are using baking soda with hydrogen peroxide, then the process will be a little different. First of all, take at least one tablespoon of baking soda, add half a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and some warm water. Then take a clean brush, dip it in the solution and scrub the stain until it cleans well. Leave the shoes like that for a little while so that the baking soda can dry up. Clean the shoes with water until they are rinsed off well.
Use lemon juice
Add only one part lemon juice to four parts water, take a brush, cloth or a sponge and dip it in the solution and clean the yellow stains right off the vans. Once the stain is removed, wash the area with water.
If the stain is deep and your vans are white, and no other method proves to be useful, then using bleach is the best way to go about it. The best way to use bleach is by using one part bleach and five parts water. You will need to use a brush big enough to clean your shoes properly. Dip it in the solution and start the scrubbing process. After the white part is white again, only clean it off with fresh water until there is no bleach left behind.